I get so excited when I think about all the different types of food and snacks I’ll make to put in my kids’ school lunch-box/ bag even though I have got a long way to go before then.
I find that there are so many different ideas you can come up with when it comes to making food for young children.
I personally think it is important to make it look as colorful and fun to eat as possible.
A lot of people probably find they don’t have enough time to make lunch for their kids, which is understandable, although, if you make something that both the kids and adults can have, not only does it save you time, it also saves you money!
I came up with this super easy recipe for Chicken Wraps! These are great for the whole family and especially great for a healthy lunch box.
Hints & Tips
If you are trying to make this in the morning, It’d help if you season the chicken over night so it saves you more time!
For young kids cut each wrap into two while adults can eat a whole
I am looking forward to reading and seeing pictures of how this turned out for you. So go ahead make a colourful chicken wrap.
If you have any questions, comments or suggestions feel free to drop them below
You can also ask if you’d like to see anything in particular posted.
Photos by : Didun Odukale
5 mini deli or tortilla wraps
2 – 3 chicken breast fillet (depending on the size) alternatively, you could just buy diced chicken breast (saves you a lot of time!)
2 celery hearts chopped up into thin slices
2 tomatoes chopped and diced to your preference
Lettuce (washed and ready to eat)
Hellmann’s chili mayonnaise to serve
Nando’s hot piri sauce (2 tbs) – For kids, replace the hot sauce with something very mild
Thai sweet chili sauce – optional
1. If you are using whole chicken breast fillet, chop and dice them up into small pieces. If you are using diced chicken breast then leave them as they are
2. Season the chicken with salt, 1tbs of chicken seasoning and a dash of black pepper
3. Chop your celery and tomatoes and set aside
4. Heat a pan on medium – high heat with some olive oil and fry the chicken pieces for about 7-10 minutes, until it’s fully cooked. When it’s cooked , reduce the heat to low and add some hot piri sauce or (your alternative for kids) to the chicken and stir for another 2 minutes. When done, set aside
5. Place a cheese single on each of the wraps and heat in the microwave following the pack instructions. Then ,toss some lettuce, celery and tomato on top, add a few chicken pieces and then drizzle some chili mayonnaise. Serve with Thai sweet chili sauce . Roll up and Enjoy!