A rack of lamb always looks impressive no matter the occasion. Be it – Date Night, Entertaining or even a Simple Dinner. This is something I had never tried before.
I’m happy I decided to try it out! I can’t stress enough how easy it is. This recipe is also extremely quick because you are pretty much just putting the ingredients in a blender. It is so simple, not rocket science or anything like that! (No hard work involved).
Although, it may take several hours before you tuck into this one…as it’s best to refrigerate the lamb overnight before cooking.
It turned out great! Very tasty! And I’m sure you’ll all enjoy it!
This recipe serves 6:
HeyEater Hints & Tips:
Heat the reserved marinade in a pan first before serving it with the lamb
Photos by : Didun Odukale
1kg rack of lamb, French trimmed
20g flat leaf parsley, leaves and stalks
30g mint, leaves and stalks
30g coriander, leaves and stalks
4 garlic cloves, peeled
15g fresh ginger, peeled and sliced
3 green chillies, seeded
½ tsp salt
50ml lemon juice
60ml soy sauce (gluten free)
3 tbsp honey
2 tbsp red wine vinegar
4 tbsp water
120ml sunflower oil
1. In a blender or food processor, blitz all the ingredients together, except for the sunflower oil.
2. Remove half the marinade, cover and refrigerate (this will be served as a salsa with the rack). Add the sunflower oil to the remaining marinade.
3. Choose a container that will hold the lamb tightly, pour in the marinade and coat the lamb well
4. Cover and refrigerate overnight ideally or at least for several hours.
5. Preheat oven to 200°C/400F/Gas 6. Heat a griddle pan/barbeque (or frying pan). Remove the meat from the marinade and shake of excess (discard this portion of marinade).
6. Place the meat on the hot griddle and sear well on all sides, about 5 minutes in total.
7. Transfer to a baking tray and cook in the oven for about 15 minutes, depending on size of rack and how well you want them cooked. Slice the rack into chops and serve with reserved marinade.